Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 2

More impressions of Tyre, after a rainy night that invited cooler weather in. I will, a la Authentic Movement, include more of the sensate level of my experiences. This is what makes them real for me.
Wandering the streets here is comfortable for me. Despite any prior impressions I may have acquired, from media and news, I feel a comfortable warmth inside my torso as I walk through the streets, some very busy with traffic and people, others tiny, windy corridors that sneak their way between tall stone buildings. Smiles, colors, smells evoke a sense of familiarity. An internal ease. A deep breath. I hear the call to prayer and it resonates; resonates the way our soundbaths do in Continuum sessions, each breath and each vocalization a soundwave that penetrates skin, bone, cells. Again, it warms, and I breathe a little more space into my lungs. I can stand still and listen for a long time.
Training began today. We spoke about the dynamics of oppression, and how it is the body that is controlled by those who wish to retain power. The space we are working in feels generous to me--open, spacious, kind. We worked with the breath and heart, and the stillness in the room quiets my torso---I experience my central body as a chamber of sound and stillness. The rhythms of 6's and 9's infuse the air and sneaky corridors -- the rhythm wraps around the buildings and also enters the chamber of my heart, lungs, center.

No comments:

Post a Comment